Salem Health sponsorship criteria
Countless events, organizations and programs within the communities we serve are worthy of sponsorship and other support.
As a health care organization, we must target our support to specific types of groups and activities.
Priority for events and sponsorship will be given to:
- Fundraising events for organizations that have close relationships with Salem Health’s clinical programs, especially cancer, cardiac, women and families, and neuromusculoskeletal.
- Activities that address key actions to address community health needs.
- Activities that promote public awareness of health and health care issues in the mid-Willamette Valley.
- Activities that provide positive public awareness of Salem Health.
- Activities that specifically support our mission to improve the health and well being of the people and communities we serve and our strategic goals.
Salem Health does not offer sponsorships to schools or sports teams. Due to the large number of area schools and sports teams and our inability to support them equitably, these types of requests will not be considered.
No organization will receive more than $5,000 combined, per fiscal year, without approval from Salem Health administration.
We reserve the right to accept, decline, or propose an alternative to the original request.
Requests are reviewed monthly. You will be notified about the decision within 60 days of the date you submitted your request.
Specific requirements for financial contributions
Only not-for-profit organizations will be considered for funding. Sponsorships for national organizations must be centered on a local event (i.e., American Heart Walk, Play for the Cure, etc.).
Political candidates, endowment funds, multiple-year pledge campaigns or events with the purpose of raising operating capital will not be considered.
If your request meets the guidelines outlined above, please email Bryce.Petersen@salemhealth.org.
Please include the following information:
- Organization/group name
- Organization mailing address
- Contact info (email, phone)
- Web site URL
- Description of what is needed. Include any required specifications and number of units needed
- Date needed
- Description of how your project benefits the community