Command Center closure
The Epic upgrade steering committee met at 9:00 a.m. this morning and voted to close the Epic 2017 command center.
- Zero priority 1 or 2 issues (high patient or financial impact)
- Zero critical changes required
- All remaining issues are assigned to an owner
- Present steering committee members vote affirmative
This upgrade went extremely smoothly. Very few high-impact issues were reported from the start, due in part to an extensive “dress rehearsal” process and build freeze in the weeks leading up to go-live (decreased variability). There was a steady decline in calls and SuperUser-reported issues leading into the weekend, and only four Epic 2017-related calls over the weekend.
We want to extend a big thank you to all Epic users for your patience and diligence in completing training and getting to know the updated system.
The build freeze is now over. Enhancements are being queued up to be built over the coming weeks. All calls should now be directed to the Solution Center as normal.
Two outstanding issues will be resolved during the next normal Epic maintenance windows.
- ED track board issues
- Copy and paste from Microsoft Word causing Epic to crash