View as a webpage
Opening on Credentials Committee
Three-year term begins Jan. 1
Salem Health is recruiting for a provider to serve a three-year term on the Credentials Committee, beginning Jan. 1, 2017. Twice-monthly meetings are from 6:30 to 8 a.m. on first and third Mondays.
- Review and recommend action on all applications and reapplications for membership and status on the Salem Health Medical Staff and Allied Health Care staff.
- Review and recommend actions on all voluntary requests for changes in privileges for practitioners granted privileges at Salem Health.
- Recommend criteria for the granting of medical staff membership and clinical privileges for Salem Health.
- Develop, recommend and consistently implement policy and procedures for all credentialing activities at Salem Health.
- Perform such other functions as requested by the Medical Executive Committee.
- At least 3 years clinical experience
- Board certification or have affirmatively established comparable competence
- Active member of the Salem Health Medical Staff
- Good Standing status*
- Preferably have been involved in Medical Staff leadership
- Have demonstrated an ability to work well with others, have excellent administrative and communication skills, and are respected members of the Salem Health Medical Staff who lead by example
- Service on this committee is considered as the primary Medical Staff leadership obligation of each committee member, and other Medical Staff duties shall not interfere
- Have no pending adverse recommendations concerning Medical Staff appointment or clinical privileges
- Attend CME relating to Medical Staff leadership and/or credentialing functions prior to or during the term of office
- Must disclose in advance leadership positions on another hospital Medical Staff or in a facility that is directly competing with the hospital
- Candidate completes an application
- Elected by majority vote of the Active Staff
- Subject to ratification by the MEC
Please note that:
- Credentials Committee members are compensated at $125/meeting for attendance at Credentials Committee meetings.
- In order to fulfill the duties of a Credentials Committee member, attendance is required at a credentialing clinic educational program.
Contact email@example.com for more information or Dr. Darcy Blanchard, current Credentials Committee Chair.
To send the ballot in a timely manner, please submit nominations to Kelli Fussell in the Medical Staff Office at 503-561-5531 (or e-mail her no later than Friday, Sept. 16.)
*Good standing describes medical staff who maintain qualifications for privileges and are assigned staff category; are not currently under a suspension or restriction; and have no peer review or behavioral actions in process.