Become a milk donor
Are you a breastfeeding mom with a healthy baby? You can help save other babies by becoming a milk donor. Salem Health Family Birth Center is an official drop-off site for breast milk donations to the Northwest Mothers Milk Bank (NWMMB).
Your donated milk may be used at the Salem Health Family Birth Center or newborn intensive care unit, or your milk may be shipped to other hospitals where there is a need.
Five easy steps to donate milk at Salem Health
1. Call NWMMB at 503-469-0955.
2. Participate in a health screening over the phone. NWMMB will work with you to get your medical history and consent forms.
3. Visit a laboratory near you for a free blood test.
4. Once the test confirms that you can safely donate, call the lactation office at the Salem Health Family Birth Center at 503-814-4539 to make your drop-off appointment.
5. Drop your frozen milk off. We’ll take care of the rest!
To find out more about the requirements for donation, visit the NWMMB’s website.