Receiving a cancer diagnosis is scary. Getting the right information is important, but it can be difficult to think of the best questions to ask. Print this list of starter questions to take to your next appointment.
Your questions and concerns are important, no matter how small they may seem. Take the time you need to have your questions answered, and schedule additional appointments if more time is needed.
1. What type of cancer do I have?
2. Where is it located?
3. Do I need other tests?
4. What treatment do you recommend?
5. Are there alternative treatments?
6. What side effects should I be aware of?
7. What does successful treatment look like?
8. What’s a good way for me to research my disease?
9. Are there things I shouldn’t eat or drink?
10. What changes should I expect in my life because of this diagnosis/treatment?
11. Who can I call if I have additional questions?
12. What stage is the cancer?