1 can black beans
1 can black eyed peas
1 can corn or 1½ cups frozen corn thawed
1 large avocado
¼ cup finely chopped red onion
1 red bell pepper diced
¼ cup chopped cilantro
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
Juice of 1-2 limes
Paprika to taste
Cayenne pepper to taste
Garlic powder to taste
1. Open cans of corn (or bag of thawed frozen corn), black beans and black-eyed peas, rinse in a colander, then mix together in a large bowl.
2. Rinse and finely chop the red onion, bell pepper, the fresh cilantro and stir in with the garlic powder, cayenne pepper and paprika to taste.
4. Pour in the apple cider vinegar and juice of 2 limes, and stir well together.
5. Dice the avocado and gently mix in last.
6. Enjoy as a salad, wrapped in a whole grain tortilla, on the side with a quesadilla or with baked tortilla chips